Seen and heard.
As acknowledged experts in their respective fields, the professionals of Reagan Consulting regularly contribute articles, analyses and insights to the industry’s major trade publications. Journalists and editors are welcome to contact us at 404.233.5545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insurance Business America
Agencies' Hiring Success Rate is Dismal: Industry Report
(January 22, 2015) - It's no secret that the independent agency sector is facing a hiring crisis. With an aging industry and little consideration among job hunters of insurance as a viable...(Read More)
- Insurance Unplugged Newsletter
Published by ProgramBusiness.com
Influx of Private Equity Capital Has Agency M&As Dramatically Up in 2014; Future Also Looks Busy
(October 22, 2014) - Features Interview with Kevin Stipe of Reagan Consulting...(Read More)
Independent Agent, Broker Profitability Reaches 6-Year High in 2013
(February 17, 2014) - Independent insurance agents and brokers posted new highs in all three major value creation categories of the Reagan Consulting Organic Growth and Profitability (OGP) survey, but caution was urged for continued improvement...(Read More)
- Insurance Business America
The One Thing You Need for Successful Succession Planning
(February 20, 2014) - It's no secret that the insurance industry is aging: the typical independent agency owner turned 53-years-old in 2012 while employees hovered around age 48...(Read More)
- Insurance Business America
P/C Brokers Post Record Gains. Benefits Revenue Growth Trails Behind
(February 12, 2014) - Large to midsize independent agencies and brokerages posted organic growth of 6.2% in 2013, narrowly outperforming 2012's 6.1% growth, a report from management consultant Reagan Consulting found...(Read More)
- A.M. Best TV
Reports & Research; Insurers Harness Gaming Tools
(February 12, 2014) - Reagan Consulting OGP Survey mentioned in first minute
- Independent Agent Magazine
2013 Marks Six-Year High for Agent/Broker Profitability
(February 11, 2014) - Independent insurance agents and brokers posted new highs in all three major value creation categories of the Reagan Consulting Organic Growth and Profitability (OGP) survey released Monday...Read More
- Insurance Journal Daily Headlines
Independent Agencies Post Performance Highs: Reagan
(February 11, 2014) - Independent insurance agents and brokers posted new highs in revenue growth and profitability in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to a survey of large and mid-sized agencies by Reagan Consulting...Read More
- Insurance & Financial Advisor
Report: Private P/C Agencies Growing Faster than Public Firms
August 28, 2013
A new survey by Reagan Consulting finds that median growth among mid-and large-sized privately held property and casualty agencies surpasses that of publicly held brokers...Read More
- The Underwriter's Insider
Reagan Opens Organic Growth & Profitability Survey for 2Q 2013
ATLANTA, Ga. Reagan Consulting, a management consulting and merger-and-acquisition advisory firm for the insurance distribution system, launched its quarterly survey of insurance agency growth and profitability this week...Read More
- November 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- The Young Producer Study: Three Years Later
- Making Hay While the Sun Shines - Living with Positive Commercial P&C Growth
- October 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Upside Potential: The Elements Point to a Resurgence of Banks in Insurance Brokerage-Three Factors Will Shape the Outcome
- July-Aug 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Is Long-Term Independence a Realistic Goal for Your Agency?
- More Sellers Meeting Heavy Buyer Demand in Agency M&A Marketplace
- June 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- April 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- March 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Jan-Feb 2012 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Agents and Brokers Celebrate the Holidays
- December 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- November 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Broker Performance Has Rebounded, But Will It Last?
- September 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Finding the Next Generation
- May 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Is the M&A Market Heating Up Again?
- April 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- March 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Can Privately-Held Brokers Win the M&A Game?
- Jan-Feb 2011 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- December 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- September 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Can Insurance Brokerage Keep Revenue Afloat?
- What Happened to the M&A Recovery?
- July 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- June 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Agencies Face Generational Problems & Opportunities
- May 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- April 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Agencies Need to Change Their Tunes in Tough Times
- March 2010 The Leader's Edge Value Creation Dashboard
- Planning in a Challenging Environment
- M&A Freeze Showing Signs of Thawing
- Community Banks are Positioned for Growth in Insurance Distribution
- Agencies Can Hold the Fort On Valuation Despite Recession
- The Agency Acquisition Market is Down, But Not Out
- Agency Earnings Alert: Contingent Income At Risk!
- Best Practices-A Must in 2009
- Looking Back at 2008 and Ahead to 2009
- Five Reasons for Optimism for Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Bank-Insurance at a Crossroads
- Soft Market Spurs Some Brokerage M&As, but Other Agencies Put Off Making Deals
- Internal Agency Perpetuation in Fearful Times
- The Sky Is Not Falling For Independent Agencies
- How Will Banking Turmoil Impact Agency M&A Trends?
- Soft Market Strategies
- How Do Public Broker Valuations Affect Your Independent Agency?
- McDonald's Not Best Model for Ideal Insurance Agencies
- A Lesson in Value Enhancement from Third-Party Buyers
- Changes in the Agency Mergers & Acquisitions Landscape
- Fertile Soil for Success
- Personal Lines Profits Fuel Agency Growth
- Best Practices Agencies Grow Despite Hard Times
- Will Community Banks be the Winners in Bank-Insurance?
- Internal Perpetuation in an M&A-Hungry World
- Is the Agency M&A Craze Coming to an End?
- New Respect for the Red-Headed Stepchild
- Private Equity Gets Serious About the Insurance Brokerage Business
- The Most Critical Metric - Great Employees
- Have Agency Buyers Lost Their Minds?
- Best Practices for Christmas Gift Giving
- Best Practices and Your Agency's Value
- Merger & Acquisition Realities and the Independent Agent
- Are Your Financial Statements Accurate?
- Are Banks Losing Interest in Agency Acquisitions?
- The Increasingly Common Alternative to Agency Acquisitions
- M&A in May
- If I'd Known Then What I Know Now...
- Interest Rates are Rising - Let's Revisit the Value of Investment Income
- The New Debate In Bank-Insurance
- Has your agency's cholesterol been checked lately?
- Direct Bill Do's & Don'ts
- Lessons from Bank Leaders in Commercial Insurance
- Leadership is the Key
- The High Multiple Agency
- The Reason Behind the Renaissance in Agency Values
- Eliot Spitzer's Lasting Legacy
- Preparing to Win in a Soft Market
- Have Agency Acquisitions Paid Off for Banks?
- Internal Perpetuation Strategies
- Does your Agency/Brokerage Possess a Sales Culture?
- Top Agencies Share Secrets of Their Success
- Lessons from Successful Bank-Owned Agencies
- Agency M&A - Separating Fact from Fiction
- Agencies Face Crossroads on Perpetuation Planning
- How to Score High on the "Trust Equation"
- Evolutionary Trends in Producer Compensation for Mid-Large Agencies
- Growing & Improving Your Commercial Lines Book
- Impressing Vince Lombardi
- Do Banks Overpay for P-C Agencies?
- Sales-Driven Agencies Benefit Clients
- Best Practices Update
- What's the Health of Your Agency System?
- Creating Value - Winning the Talent War
- Producers Need to Re-Evaluate Their Sense of Self-Worth
- Redefining Success in Business Insurance
- Management Best Practices: Looking Beyond the Numbers
- What To Do With These Prosperous Times?
- Sales Success
- Year-end Perspectives on the Agency/Brokerage Business
- Is Bank-Insurance Working?
- The 10 Year Results
- Agency Survivor: Out Sell, Out Market, Out Compete
- Revenge of the Buggy-Whip Maker
- Selling in a Hard Market: Survival Tips for the Agent and Broker
- Best Mergers & Acquisitions Practices
- Agency Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions: Is it a New Day?
- 2001 Best Practices Study Released to Industry
- The Future of the Insurance Agent/Broker
- Proposed Purchase Accounting Changes: What's the Big Deal?
- The Insurance Agency Bull Market
- What's the Key to Successful Bank-Owned Insurance Agencies? Integration Management
- An Answer to Your Producer-Hiring Woes
- Banks Learning Lessons from Joint Ventures and Acquisition of Agencies
- Are you a Deadbeat Shareholder?
- Beyond Best Practices: Are You Exceptional?
- Changing Environment Makes High Valued Agencies Easier to Recognize
- Thinking About Hiring a Producer? Read This First!
- Best Practices for Personal Lines
- After A Slow Start, Banks are Making Rapid Inroads Into Insurance Brokerage
- 1998 Best Practices Study Results